Saturday, November 28, 2009

Credit Card Declined, or how I was prevented from buying my flight from Istanbul to Doha

I've never had my credit card declined before, so thankfully this first time was online with no one watching. But I'm still not really sure why.

I need to get from Istanbul to Doha before the 5th of January. There is a flight from Istanbul to Sharjah, then from Sharjah to Doha on January 4th on Air Arabia. So I go to the Air Arabia site, find my flight, enter all my information, am taken to a secure site where I enter my credit card information and...

"Processing..."

Declined? What? Maybe I typed my card number incorrectly, so I go through all the screens again. No luck. Maybe it really is declined, because it is a foreign charge. I call my credit card company (putting a travel warning on my card for later, which I had to do anyway) and ask, but the charge isn't showing up. No luck there either. Maybe it is because, at the home screen, I put my country in as "Qatar," and there was that weird thing about no selling one-way flights from Qatar. So I try again, saying "UAE." Still no luck.

I've sent an e-mail to Air Arabia. Maybe they can come up with a solution. Otherwise, I suppose I will make an international call with Skype or something and do it with an agent.

Otherwise, I'll be crossing the Arabic Peninsula some other way.

1 comment:

  1. Hey--I had they same thing happen with Emirates. I called my bank and they said they automatically block all transactions for foreign air-travel until hearing from the card-older personally. --Jessica

    ReplyDelete