Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Holes in Both Arms, or how my bloodwork is preventing me from buying plane tickets

I have been researching tickets to Europe/Middle East for weeks now, and I promised myself I would get them bought by Monday, the last day of fare sale at British Airways. However, then I discovered it lasts until Thursday, and that promise ended.

One of the requirements for entering Qatar is to be HIV and TB negative. I finally went to Health Services today and got blood drawn and a little bubble of dead TB put under my skin. I'll be going back on Thursday to get the results, and, being the irrational worrier I am, I'll buy the tickets after that.

I've decided that going to Istanbul on the 28th, then taking a plane to Doha a week later is my plan of attack. Slightly cheaper than going straight to Doha and back, and could provide more flexibility and fun. (If you really want to know the breakdown, it'll be about $1100 to go to Istanbul, then $270 to get to Doha one-way, versus $1600 to roundtrip Seattle to Doha.)

This post feels a bit drab. I'll spice it up with a picture of myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment