Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Sob Story, or Day 11 of the Epic May Adventure

I owe you guys a proper blog, but today is basically the complete opposite of how wonderful yesterday was.



Yesterday, we bought our tickets to Istanbul. Then we went to ``Coptic Cairo``, then we went to actually buy our tickets (the power was out the first time), then we went to the Citadel, then we went up Al Muizz (my favorite part), then a felluca boat ride (where Abdalla got to pretend he was ripping me off... he had fun with that), then a bit of walking through Khan El Khalili. A really good day that I didn`t do justice to.



However all of yesterday, Abdalla got harassed about a visa to get to Turkey.



Today, they wouldn`t let him on the flight.



So I`m flying solo in Turkey.



The flight was gorgeous, the news that Abdalla wasn`t goimg to join me was heart-breaking, and my ATM card not working was icing on the cake.



But, deep breath, and I`ll have a good final week of travelling (hopefully headed to Izmır tonight). Almost home!

No comments:

Post a Comment