Thursday, May 27, 2010

Sweet Dreams, or Day 20 of the Epic May Adventure


I almost can't believe it.

I'm home. I'm safe. And the jet-lag is catching up to me, which I why I'm exhausted.

It'll have to be tomorrow, when I post that last of my pictures, edit the last of my posts, and say goodbye to this blog.

Sweet dreams until then.



Updates:


So yesterday, when I posted this, I had fallen asleep on my bed with my laptop open, trying to write the post. That was as far as I got after I woke up enough to type it, then brush my teeth and sleep.


But what really happened during my 34-hour-long day was this.


It started at 6am, Turkish time, when I woke up at the five-star hotel, jumped in the shower, then had a cup of tea before taxi-ing to the airport.


On the first flight, I read a book (yay, book trades in hostels), did some sudoku, and watched the world go by for four hours.


We landed at Heathrow, and I had four hours before my next flight. But I was determined to see my friend studying abroad there, Audra. She had clued me in about some filming they were doing at King's Cross, so, when I got to downtown London after an hour on the tube, I was a bit early for our meeting so I stopped by.


There wasn't much to see, just a small crowd with Harry Potter books and cameras. I stayed for ten minutes, just in case Daniel Radcliffe showed his face, but no beans.


So I hopped back a few stations to meet up with Audra! We got to see each other for just over ten minutes while I waited for the right train back to Heathrow. It worked out, just barely, and I made it back for my flight with minutes to spare, but it was great seeing a high school friend for the first time in months!

The ten-hour flight next to a couple from northern England was pretty good. A few movies, a two-hour catnap, and a good meal equals a good flight.


So with a two-hour time difference to London, than an eight-hour time difference to Seattle, when I landed around five, it was more like 3am. I got through dinner just fine, made it home to unpack a bit and chat, but at 10pm (8am Turkish time), as you could tell from the beginning of this post, I was done for the day. My last day. My final day. My first day of being home.

No comments:

Post a Comment