Monday, December 7, 2009

The Drama Continues, or how I spent yet another hour of my life getting a ticket

Man, I have the worst luck with these ticket things. After all the calls to my credit card company to have THEM approve my purchase, the AIRLINE doesn't approve my purchase! I can't show up in New York or Chicago to show them the card, so I got it approved electronically. At least, it is pending now, not just suspended.

See, if I hadn't been doing all this stuff to figure out this plane ticket, I would know what I'm doing in Istanbul (or Doha for that matter). I haven't packed, I've barely started saying my goodbyes... and don't even talk about studying for finals!

The itinerary thus far is:
Dec. 28th : Leave Seattle
Dec. 29th : Arrive in Istanbul, head to hostel
Dec. 30th - Jan. 3rd : Do stuff and don't die
Jan. 3rd : Fly to Doha
Jan. 5th : Orientation starts
Jan. 10th : Classes start (yes, that is a Sunday)
Feb. 25th - March 6th : Qatar Spring Break
March 6th - March 14th : CMU-Pittsburgh Spring Break (so saying hi to the IMPAQT group!)
April 25th-26th, 28th-29th, May 1st-2nd : Finals
May 26th : Leave Istanbul, arrive back in Seattle

...which leaves 11 weekends (13 if you could those right before and during finals) to travel!

No comments:

Post a Comment