Monday, December 7, 2009

TimeTravel 2, or how my next semester is scheduled

A few handy (and interesting) tidbits for those of you interested in doing some live communication via Skype or IM with me while in Qatar (which, I hope, is at least a few of you...) :

The work week is Sunday through Thursday. Since I don't have classes on Thursdays, that only makes my week weirder : Sunday through Wednesday. See my class schedule here.

The timezone is AST (UTC +3), which means it is 8 hours ahead of EST and 11 hours ahead of PST right now. When that spring time change thing happens, I'll get all confused again. I think Daylight Savings would make it 7 hours ahead of Eastern Time. We'll cross that desert when we come to it.

This all means that the best "time" to talk would probably be between morning to early afternoon for those stateside, and evening for me.

Example 1, you are in Seattle, I am in Doha; you talk at noon, I talk at 23:00.

Example 2, you are in Pittsburgh, I am in Doha.; you talk at 5pm, I talk at 1am (the next day... time travel!).

And here's another fun fact for free! The latitude is that of Orlando... I'm ready for a balmy spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment