Tuesday, March 30, 2010

It's Not 2012, or Day 87 in Doha

Wow. Today was just one of those days where the world is slowly ending, then suddenly collapses in on itself.

Then you realize, that wasn't the entire world after all.

The point is, I started looking at my workload for the next three and a half weeks before finals. That is only four weekends worth of time I have. And since four of my five classes have long-term final projects, and two of the five have finals that I will have to study for, my chest was already a bit tight.

Then, I got the news that a computer project I had slaved over for a month still didn't work. That was the straw, my friends. And I was in fetal position for a while.

When I crawled out of my hole (I know I'm mixing metaphors like crazy), I realized that the grade in that class doesn't matter, as long as I pass. I realized that I could pass, as long as I continued working.

And I realized that even if I didn't pass, even if I withdrew from the course days before the final, it still wasn't the end of the world.

So after Khaled and I taking a pizza break (and, after getting way to much food, we ate way too much food), I was back on track.

Aren't you glad the world isn't ending?

No comments:

Post a Comment