Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Tastes of Home, or Day 81 in Doha


Today was the typical Wednesday, with the twist that I'm going out of town tomorrow, so need to so some last minute finishing up. Abdalla booked a taxi,
Michael pointed out that I needed to bring a sheet for our CouchSurfing host, and I printed out exit permits, maps, and phone numbers. We are all traveling out on the same flight in the morning (early morning).

This afternoon, before I did my office hours for Technical Communications, I skipped over to Texas A&M for some "traditional" food, which, if I gather correctly, was cooked by some locals.

I ended up getting lasagna (I'm such a sucker for it) and this apple pie dessert. While the lasagna had a bit of cinnamon or something to give it a unique, good, but not American taste, the apple pie a la mode was delicious.

It also reminded me of home v
ery badly. I guess some tastes just do that to you. So today was a bit bittersweet: homesick for the US but also getting ready to leave my Doha home for a weekend visit to Abu Dhabi.

I think I'll be able to update (and borrow our host's computer), but no guarantees, as usual when I'm traveling. Wish us
a safe flight!

No comments:

Post a Comment