Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Acceptance Speech, or Day 30 in Doha


It's award season (for Hollywood at least), so I'd like to thank a few of my friends, who I am "making famous" by putting in this blog post.

First, I'd like to thank Utshav and Salman; the former for inviting me out to play some ultimate frisbee today, and the latter for being on the winning team with me.

Next, I would like to thank the group of CMU TAs who informed me of a delicious place called Maya. In no particular order (actually, from left to right), I'd like to thank Samreen, Tessa, Swapnil, and Rishav, my CS superstars. Maya is a restaurant of completely chocolate dishes. After I ordered a chocolate fondue as my "meal", the waitress asked if I wanted any "dessert." The others ordered everything from hot chocolate to crepes filled with bananas and - you guessed it - chocolate.


Next comes the A-to-Z duo of Abdalla and Zaid. They deserve a Grammy for their work on QF Radio (which I haven't actually heard yet...) and for their leadership around their respective universities. While the rest of us were sitting lethargically in a chocolate coma, these two went to pick up Krispy Kreme donuts to sell as a fund-raiser for Haiti. Here you see them standing by a vat of chocolate.

The last two people I want to thank today are the dazzle team that are part of my rap group. On the right you see "sprinKILLZ", who has skillz with the reelz. On the left you seen my G (who's name I actually forgot... I'll fill it in later) who drops Qs like they're on fire. You might also see the fact that each of us has three dozen donuts on our laps. It was one delicious-smelling, beat-busting ride home from Landmark Mall.

1 comment:

  1. LOL. but you forgot to say WHY we were standing next to the chocolate vats!!! :P

    ReplyDelete