Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Scrumpdelicious, or Day 37 in Doha


You thought this was going to be another post about how after my day of coding was...

Aren't you glad you are wrong. I have, not one, but two super exciting things to share with you today.

First, I know someone famous! Mathew is in my Design for Service group (we're working on re-designing the library). When I first heard, I had to ask around because I didn't know him yet. The common answer: "He's the guy who's picture is everywhere around CMU-Q." And it is! He deigned himself to take a picture with me.


(And you're right, that is a fleece jacket I'm wearing. It's been hovering around 60 F, or 15 C, which is pretty chilly for these tropical people. I got asked today why I was wearing sandals with it being so cold outside!)

My second exciting feature is the first (and probably only) episode of "Cooking with Corinne"! You thought that cookies were fun... check this out.



As a final note, the mac and cheese turned out brownish, which might be better than the neon orange-yellow that I've had in the past. And I'm still alive, so can't be as bad as the milk powder in China.

Ok, ok, ok. I know I said that I wasn't going to complain about coding, but because it has been a huge part of my week (like 20+ hours and counting), I had to decide what I wanted out of this semester. I had a few conversations with my professor, my TA, my classmate, my future networks partner (Khaled... I'm sure you'll hear a lot more about him once we have huge assignments that we have to do together), and I decided that I'm really enjoying the people, the professor, and the class, so I'll commit to taking it. Even if it means that I'm not jaunting off to Dubai every weekend.

Speaking of Dubai, did you hear that the tallest building (the Burj Khalifa) is closed for maintenance? Jessica and I might not get to see it in a week. This article thinks it'll be open by Sunday; others have said it is closed 'indefinitely.' I hope it is open, though. I want to see the view from the top!

No comments:

Post a Comment