Sunday, February 7, 2010

Might As Well Be Snowed In, or Day 35 in Doha


It probably would have been better today if I was snowed in like all the Pittsburgh and East Coast folk today. Maybe I would've gotten more work done on this giant program due soon.

But people around here were already complaining at the sub-70 F (sub-20 C) temperatures. And it's true, without my jacket it was cold walking (the 300 meters) home from classes.

I did get outside for a bit. I met up with Salman and Ehab for a minute (and might have driven Salman's car for a hundred meters...), saw a few other friends, then sequestered myself in my room for the remainder of the evening.

However, in this day and age, even that doesn't work! My grandma IMed me about the snow they were getting, my mom sent me some messages via Skype, and then Alisa and I talked through Google Video for quite a while.

Even Jessica stopped by so we could buy our tickets and our hotel room for visiting Dubai in two weekends! So, yes, I was in my room all night. But no... I sadly was not working as hard as I need to for this project.

Back to being to my ears in code! The life of a CS major... (Maybe I'll figure out if and where they might be streaming the Super Bowl at 2am around here.)

No comments:

Post a Comment