Sunday, April 4, 2010

And the Realizations Kick In, or Day 92 in Doha

It's official: we are in the end times... of university. Not only is my semester in Qatar drawing to a close, but my junior year as well!

(There are two and a half more weeks of classes, a week of finals, and a week of graduations, so I'm not leaving that soon. But my final projects are making it look less and less likely that I'll be leaving the country any weekend soon.)

I attended a workshop (during lunch, of course) about how to finish strong. There was a grid with classes, what percentage of the class grades remain, what is the minimum grade needed, and what are goals related to each class.

At the end, they had a table full of treats, from healthy(-ish) snacks to products supporting good hygiene... I'm wondering if there was a subliminal message in the soaps and deodorants on the table. I just know that my purse still has snacks for an army in it.

Zaid wanted me to take a picture of the zoo of people around the table. I was impressed that there was anything left at the end of the crowd.

After attending the workshop, I felt a bit better. Then I programmed for twelve hours. Wasting away my last hours in a cluster.

No comments:

Post a Comment