Sunday, April 18, 2010

Good Intentions (and a Story), or Day 106 in Doha

So I had this grand idea earlier today of looking at how my opinions have changed since I've been here. I was going to compare and contrast my thoughts on polygamy, arranged marriages, young adult pregnancy, expats outnumbering locals, and a myriad of other great, dense topics that would be super educational for all my readers.

However, this is more like what happened.


He slept there for like half an hour.

That's right... networks strikes again! It is two days until the final is due, and we are trying to eek out every last point we can.

In addition, still have a few of those other projects lingering!

But, let me tell you a story of my wonderful fore-thought:

When I was in India, I had a pseudo-list of things I wanted to buy on the cheap. Among these was a new pair of sunglasses.

However, I still had my old pair. That's right, I bought a NEW pair of sunglasses before losing/breaking my OLD pair. Now isn't that something.

So, when we went dune bashing and were getting tossed around in the car, my sunglasses finally gave in and snapped.

However, with my forward thinking, I was back in operation in no time, putting on my new pair of slick shades and looking cool as ever. Now isn't THAT something.

No comments:

Post a Comment