Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Beginning of the End, or Day 109 in Doha


Wow, my last day of classes... how fitting was
it that I got to drop in on the "Marhaba Tartans" event for the admitted students? One door closes, another door opens.

I got to mingle with some of the high-schoolers (one of which knew me through my roommate, another one's brother is in a class I TA for) and do my duty advocating Carnegie Mellon. I mean, I love this school to death (even when it is the death of me) so I want
the right people to come and love it too.

(Note: none of the people in the picture are high-schoolers ... we are all loud and proud CMU students.)

And, like almost every other Wednesday this semester, I went to the RAEL (it is a nested acronym, so bear with me... ROTA (Reach Out to Asia) Adult English Literacy) program to teach English. This week and last
week, it has been just a handful of students. I think our break three weeks ago messed with their schedules.

But today, it was good, since out of the three volunteers, I was the only one that could make it.

(This is an old picture of Arti teaching while Abid and I assist from the front row.)

Next week is the last week I can make it, since I'm thinking I'll be in Bahrain (if I can't find a reason not to go) the week after. It is weird, even though classes ended, I'll be around for another two weeks.

I guess that is a good thing, since in those two weeks, I have two tests, three projects, four days in Dubai/Muscat, and seniors that I need to see graduate!

No comments:

Post a Comment