Monday, April 5, 2010

Rollercoaster, or Day 93 in Doha

It started so well, ended so well, had a few good moments... And then there was the part where I got frustrated to tears with this networks class (Abdalla and Varun can all attest to that), homesick (well, at least wanting my parents to comfort me in my frustration), stuck on a bug in the code for an hour (Khaled can attest to that), and a stern talking-to from my professors (everyone in networks can attest to that).

I will say, the eight hours of sleep made it much easier for my brain to get twisted in Formal Languages, Automata, and Complexity Theory (aka FLAC). Each class is spent trying to embed layers of functions inside other languages and machines in order to create a contradiction. You start putting too many money words in one sentence ("Turing Machine", "NP-complete", "3-SAT", "polynomial-time reducible", "decidability") and my brains just has to churn for a bit (and Rishav can attest to that!).

Well, at least tomorrow is another day, and this weekend is getting closer, and I have all sorts of excitement that is not going to get ruined by work. (Not in the least is the David Guetta concert on Thursday!)

So there.

No comments:

Post a Comment